KAFE Konnect (Coast to Coast)
Get your future started with Konnect
We have a range of support to help you improve your future employment prospects.
Konnect’s ‘KAFE’ project is a unique blend of group cognitive behaviour therapy, 1:1 coaching and mentoring, employability and vocational training and community led open ended nurture support group. We provide high quality, 1:1 personalised mentoring and support to overcome the hurdles that may be holding you back, enabling you to take the next steps onto a pathway that can lead to a more successful future.
Our mentors are not here to criticise or judge, whatever your background or ambitions, they will guide you towards a better place through building your confidence, motivation, and knowledge, as well as going through your experience, skills, strengths, and passions to ensure that you seek the role or training you need to thrive.
Let us help you become unstuck and clear about how you can make a positive step forward. Our mentors will work with you to help you discover your goals or generate practical ideas if you don’t know where to start. Together you will set an action plan and step by step, they will help you get ready, in a way that works for you, to enable you to see beyond your limitations and maximise your potential.
The support is guaranteed 1:1 coaching, mentoring, and individually tailored to include:
Lifestyle and Wellbeing
- Cognitive behavioural therapy techniques with our dedicated Life Choices course (further information below).
- Help build your confidence, identify and develop skills, identify strengths and passions.
- Creating, or updating your CV. Help completing application forms, prepare and take you through all the things needed for an interview (we will even go with you, if that’s what you need)
- Help set up job search accounts and search for jobs that match your skills.
Education and training
- Identify suitable courses or training, linking you with an advisor, research available funding.
- Apprenticeships are available across a wide range of sectors and job roles. Help will be given to know what is on offer, what to consider and how to apply.
Whatever else you may need
- Our mentors will also help you access specialist support you need in a range of areas. From finances, housing or to health concerns and addiction support. Whatever your circumstances our supportive team understand that setbacks happen and will work to get you back on track.
Trouble getting online?
If you don’t have access to a laptop or tablet, or simply don’t feel confident using IT, we’ll help you get online by providing equipment, data and digital training in your sessions.
Alongside the mentoring you can also access our successful Life Choices course, this can be delivered as a group or 1-1 with your mentor. Based upon cognitive behavioural therapy techniques, Life Choices supports you to review your life and to challenge negative thinking patterns which may be preventing you from moving on. The course seeks to help clear some or all those blocks, leaving sufficient ‘head space’ in which a future that includes work or learning can be considered.
- “It has given me a mental toolset to challenge my way of thinking, so I actually take a step back and challenge my thoughts rather than just accepting them as they are” – LC 26/08/2021
- “I used to always wear a mask and hide behind a laugh that wasn’t real. Now I have found people who I can open up to and who listen and I feel so much better, I know I don’t have to suffer alone” – AM 26/08/2021
- “I really look forward to these groups and sharing with people that I could relate to. I am going to really miss coming here now it has finished, but I am definitely going to sign up as a peer mentor, so I can give what I have learnt back to others”. – CT 03/06/2021
Information you need to know:
Upon contacting us, we will check your eligibility criteria (outlined below) for the project and then you will be allocated a mentor who will arrange to meet with you at a convenient time and place for you. The first meeting will be to find out more about you and to talk through the support that you would like, then all we need to do is carry out a simple registration process. Next would be to work together to figure out what you really want, your goals, and make an action plan.
To be eligible for this project you will need to be over 18, unemployed or economically inactive, have the right to live and work in the UK and live in one of the following areas;
- And surrounding areas
Want to sign up for this fully funded (free to you) support or do you want to find out more?