Team Lead (ESF People Hub)
Role: Team Leader (ESF People Hub)
Duration: until Oct 2023
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £35,000 to £38,000
Responsible to: Operations Manager/CEO
Closing date: 03 December 2021, interviews w/c 06 December 2021
Location: Home working, but expected to travel as required
This position is part funded by the European Social Fund
About Konnect Communities CIC:
Konnect Communities mission is to deliver real change that lasts. Our roots are in mentoring those coming out of, or at risk of falling into, the criminal justice system and in restorative justice to support the victims of crime. Our expertise in this area has led us to be a leading delivery partner on the People Hub project in securing opportunities in education or employment for people who are out of work. Our focus is on a client led approach with those in the community that need support to overcome barriers to achieve their aspirations.
About this role:
To effectively manage the People Hub project delivered on behalf of Konnect Communities CIC for partners and funders.
Key tasks, duties and responsibilities
- To manage the day-to-day delivery of Konnect Communities’ People Hub ESF project. This includes coordinating internal resources and working with stakeholders to deliver the outcomes set out in the ESF contract. Deliver timely results on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Work collaboratively with the Learning Mentor, Senior Administrator and Volunteer Co-ordinator and lead a team to proactively engage with referral agents, stakeholders and communities.
- Provide training, support and coaching to ensure the team delivers high quality and effective coaching and mentoring to clients dependent upon their needs using a variety of modalities including individual and group work designed to remove barriers to the client’s educational, training, employment, housing or financial needs.
- As the team leader, you will coordinate people and processes to ensure that our projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results. You will be the go-to person for everything involving a project’s organisation and timeline.
- Undertake specific tasks as directed by the Management
- Carry out other relevant duties appropriate to this role in the organisation.
- Be prepared to work in other locations within the organisation as required.
- You will ultimately be responsible for the accurate completion of all paperwork that must be submitted to the funder in the agreed timescales.
- Work to the targets and Key Performance indicators as defined by the Management Team.
- Uphold and work to the standards, policies and procedures as set out within the Konnect Employees Handbook ensuring compliance at all times.
- Demonstrate business skills, leadership, budgeting and analysis. Be an excellent communicator and comfortable managing multiple tasks. Be a team player and have a problem-solving aptitude.
- Develop and maintain good relations with local external stakeholders and other contacts.
- Contribute to ensuring a safe working environment where risk management and safety are of the highest importance, and to ensure all safeguarding processes are in places to ensure clients and workers are safeguarded from harm and abuse. You should uphold and implement Konnect’s policy in managing the risk to colleagues and clients of Covid 19.
- To actively and positively promote Konnect CIC, its vision and values at all times.
- Confidentiality: To take a lead in ensuring confidentiality at all times, only releasing or personalised information externally with prior consent from a line manager.
- Data Protection Act: To take a lead in compliance with the requirements of GDPR Act and its amendments to ensure integrity and security of information entrusted to Konnect Communities.
- Safeguarding: Provide leadership in ensuring the organisational and individual statutory and organisational responsibilities are met in respect of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- Conflict of Interest: All employees of Konnect Communities are required to declare any involvement either directly or indirectly with any firm, company or organisation that has a contract with Konnect Communities CIC. Failure to do so may result in an application being rejected or dismissal after appointment.
- Equal Opportunities and Diversity: To take a lead in ensuring that all clients, their partners and carers, colleagues both in Konnect Communities and other partner organisations are treated as individuals with Konnect Communities’ Diversity and Equality framework policy.
- Health and Safety: To take a lead in ensuring compliance at all times with the requirements of the Health and Safety regulations and Konnect Communities’ Health and safety policy and procedures ensuring reasonable care is taken with regard to yourself as well as any colleagues, clients and or visitors who might be affected by an act or failure to act by yourself.
- To ensure continuous professional development both personally and professionally through training and supervision and other appropriate methods
The following skills and experience are required for this post:
Skills and Experience
- Track record of managing ESF projects.
- Ability to motivate, support and encourage staff and align them with the overall organisation objectives in a way that inspires them to give their best.
- Experience of working with vulnerable groups ensuring that clients’ needs are at the forefront of service planning and delivery
- Excellent project management, planning and coordination experience, very competent in prioritising workloads, with strong organisational skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), with excellent written and spoken English, and an ability to communicate with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Full driving licence with the ability to travel across the county as required
- Responsible for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of staff and clients
- Experience of monitoring and evaluating projects effectively and ensuring that they are consistently meeting needs
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office suite and ability to use database, internet and email
- Ability to work as part of a team, listening to and valuing the contribution of all staff and service users whilst also working independently
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office suite and ability to use Internet, email and social media
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, values, and ethos of Konnect Communities CIC.
- Passionate about social justice and championing the value of our clients
- A hands-on, highly motivated individual with considerable drive, energy and a determination to succeed
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Trustworthy, non-judgemental, caring and compassionate, proactive, self-motivated and hardworking
Everyone is welcome:
Diversity and inclusion are the principles for how we build our teams and Konnect Communities CIC strives to create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are valued and celebrated. We want a workforce which represents the communities we serve and work, to ensure no applicant or employee is treated unfairly on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion or identity. We recognise and value the individual differences and contributions of all employees and believe that by working together we can achieve equality for all.
We welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, care leavers, ex-offenders, sexual orientation, or religion.
Konnect are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks will be undertaken for the successful applicant, but only with their prior consent.
Please submit your CV and cover letter OR if you prefer your video application1 outlining how you meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com by 03 December 2021.
1How to apply via video. Please record a video summarising how you meet the requirements outlined in the job description. You might include an overview of your skills, strengths, experiences and aspirations which make you suitable for this role. Once recorded send to firstname.lastname@example.org