Mentor – Newquay & Bodmin
Area: Main area of focus Newquay & Bodmin
Duration: 12 months (maternity cover)
Hours: 37.5 week
Salary: £28,000 to £29,790 (depending on experience)
Reporting to: People Hub Team leader
Closing date: 06 August 2021
If you want to enable people to see beyond their limitations, to overcome barriers and maximise their potential then we want to hear from you.
As part of Konnect’s People Hub team, your main areas of work will be to deliver high quality, effective and responsive support services for unemployed or economically inactive individuals who are facing multiple and complex barriers. By providing tailored support you will manage a caseload of individuals from targeted communities to ‘konnect’ people with education, training and employment opportunities to help them progress with their lives.
Although this role is mainly focussed around Newquay and Bodmin you will be required to travel to other areas, so access to your own transport is essential.
This project is part-funded by the European Social Fund
About Konnect Communities CIC
Konnect Communities mission is to deliver real change that lasts. Our roots are in mentoring those coming out of, or at risk of falling into, the criminal justice system and in restorative justice to support the victims of crime. Our experience and expertise in this challenging area has enabled us to secure DWP contracts to work with and support both unemployed and economically inactive individuals in Cornwall and Devon to move forwards. Konnect Communities are focussed on delivering client centric support that helps the people we work with overcome their individual barriers and achieve their goals and aspirations.
Role, responsibilities and person specification
Role and responsibilities
- Manage a personal caseload of participants in liaison with Team Leader.
- Deliver high quality and effective coaching and mentoring support dependent upon participants needs using a variety of modalities including individual and group work designed to remove barriers to the participants emotional wellbeing, educational, training, employment, housing or financial needs.
- Regularly review participants ‘journey of progress’ assessing needs making appropriate referrals to specialist agencies/services and the completion of project specific paperwork.
- Undertake specific tasks as directed by the project manager, lead mentor and management.
- Carry out other relevant duties appropriate to this role in the organisation.
- Be prepared to work in other locations within the organisation as required.
- Support colleagues, volunteers and other workers providing advice, guidance and training as appropriate, ensuring standards are maintained and clients receive most appropriate support. Be prepared to work with other staff members case load to ensure that the participants support provision is continued when staff members are not available.
- Work to the targets and Key Performance indicators as defined by the Management.
- Uphold and work to the standards, policies and procedures as set out within the Konnect Employees Handbook always ensuring compliance.
- To actively and positively promote Konnect Communities CIC, its vision and values when working with internal and external stakeholders at all times
- Good standard of general education
- Good IT skills including experience using Microsoft office including Word, Excel, Outlook etc
- Experience of working with individuals who have complex needs to overcome barriers to moving forwards
- Good organisational skills, able to prioritise tasks and meet targets
- Experience of working on European Commission Funded projects
- Proven record of working at pace whilst maintaining high quality and accurate records
- Demonstrate coaching and/or mentoring experience
- Experience in utilising SMART action planning journey
- Confidentiality: always ensure confidentiality, only releasing or personalised information externally with prior consent from a line manager.
- Data Protection Act: to comply with the requirements of the GDPR Act and its amendments to ensure the integrity and security of information entrusted to Konnect Communities.
- Safeguarding: provide leadership in ensuring the organisational and individual statutory and organisational responsibilities are met in respect of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- Conflict of Interest: all applicants to any post in Konnect Communities are required to declare any involvement either directly or indirectly with any firm, company or organisation that has a contract with Konnect Communities. Failure to do so may result in an application being rejected or dismissal after the appointment.
- Equal Opportunities and Diversity (Incorporating Gender equality and Sustainability): to ensure that all clients, their partners and carers, colleagues both in Konnect Communities and other partner organisations are treated as individuals with Konnect Communities Equality, Diversity and Sustainability framework.
- Health and Safety: to ensure compliance always with the requirements of the Health and Safety regulations and Konnect Communities Health and safety policy and procedures ensuring reasonable care is taken regarding yourself as well as any colleagues, clients and or visitors who might be affected by an act or failure to act by yourself.
- Self-Development: to ensure continuous professional development both personally and professionally through training and supervision and other appropriate methods.
- Uphold and work to the standards, policies and procedures: as always set out within the Konnect Employees Handbook ensuring compliance.
- Be responsive: undertake specific tasks as directed by the management team
- Health, safety and welfare: contribute to ensuring a safe working environment where risk management and safety are of the highest importance, and to ensure all safeguarding processes are in places to ensure clients and workers are safeguarded from harm and abuse
- Actively and positively promote Konnect Communities CIC, its vision and values always.
- You will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Konnect Communities is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity.
- Konnect Communities are an Armed Forces Covenant signatory, we welcome applications from serving and retired armed forces personal who meet the minimum criteria.
- Konnect Communities are also committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. If this applies to you, please make this clear on your cover letter.
Application process: Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note: Although the closing date is set, as midnight on 6 August 2021, subject to the number of applications received, we reserve the right to close this advert prior to that date.